The Inn at Grace Winery is a tranquil haven situated on fifty acres in the historic Brandywine Valley. Our original Quaker farmhouse dates to 1734 and the Hemphill family added a magnificent Georgian addition in 1815. The Inn housed the British after the battle of the Brandywine in 1777, was a safe house for the underground railroad and the farmhouse’s third floor was a civil war infirmary. The estate vineyard is just off the Manor House. The side porch is the perfect location to watch the sun sink behind the vineyard while enjoying your favorite Grace Winery vintage.
The Inn originally dates back to 1734 with the addition arriving in 1815. The cottages are all original “outbuildings” which were constructed and renovated over time to accommodate our guests. We have been welcoming guests for over 30 years.
The Winery is the latest addition to the estate. We planted our first 4200 vines in April 2008, with a second planting of 4700 vines the following year. Our first vintage was crafted in 2009, while the final renovations to the 1750’s bank barn were completed in 2010.
Do not miss out on our exclusive offers, events and latest news…
Enjoy our gourmet country breakfast
each morning in the solarium
overlooking the back pastures.
Make yourself at home
in our delightfully cozy den,
the taproom, parlor or the billiards room,
all featuring working fireplaces.
50 Sweetwater Road
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania 19342